Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's a Major Award.

No, not this kind.

It's not even Frah-geeel-eh. Or, Italian. (For those of my readers saying, "huh?", I refer you to the wonderful Christmas movie, A Christmas Story, based on a series of stories by American humorist, Jean Shepard.)

Nope. It's this kind of award, bestowed upon me by my friend and critique partner, Joyce Yip. (Joyce is also one of my fans, which is kind of a cool thing to be able to say. I mean...gasp! Wow. She actually went looking for, bought and read all my books. And she even struggled through the first part of one of my earlier, unpublished books. What an amazing thing. Thank you, Joyce!)

Like most blog awards, this one comes with a few rules:


  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  •  Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Joyce also indicated that recipients must reveal ten things about themselves. I'm not sure if these need to be ten secret things, or ten interesting things or just ten things. Here goes:

10. I'm not sure I even have ten secret or interesting things about myself to reveal. Honestly, I'm rather boring.

9. I used to have nightmares about being a subsitute teacher in the class from Hell. And then I'd wake up and I'd have to go be the substitute teacher in the class from Hell, for five to six periods a day...

8. I hate substitute teaching. I'm far too much of a weenie to be effective, as intimidating as a used facial tissue. Even my three-year-old ignores me.

7. My dream vacation would be a week in a darkened room, with a comfy bed, a big tub, a pile of trashy books, no television, no phone and no children.

6. I'm really not that smart. I only pretend to be. Talk to me about current events, politics or anything involving numbers and I am completely lost. Yes...I am fluffy.

5. That being said, I'm really a word snob. If someone doesn't use a word correctly, you can be sure I'll be writing it into a notebook to share with other snobs, later.

4. And yes, I laugh at other people. Really. I'm not that nice. Though I try to be.

3. I don't believe in true love, even though I write about it. I think I'm wishing I could believe in love...

2. I think Pascal had the right idea.

1. I can't think of five bloggy friends to pass this along to, never mind ten facts about moi. But I'll do my best...

My cousin, Barb. (super blogger, beloved friend, devoted Nana, excellent writer).
My friend, Jennifer Shirk (super blogger, fun and funny writer).
My friend, Simon Adam Slade (super blogger, super writer).






1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cyn. I mean, wow! Excellent writer? I feel more like a would-be writer - lots of aspirations and not much follow through. Like you, I love words.

    BIG PROBLEM. You are the only writer whose blog I follow. So there you go.

    I can tell ten things about myself as long as they don't have to be iteresting or related to writing.

    ReplyDelete